We take your privacy very seriously and we will comply with the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998 and any other applicable data protection legislation. We are registered on the public register of data controllers maintained by the Information Commissioner in the UK.
We have a philosophy here about the way we use your consent to be contacted (if you give us that consent). If you hear from us, we will always aim to be respectful, relevant and appropriate. If at any time you don't feel we've lived up to our philosophy, please let us know by getting in touch with us.
This policy explains how we collect, use and store the personal information you provide to us. 'Personal information' is information which identifies you or another person or is capable of doing so.
What information do we collect?
When you first sign up to receive email newsletters from us and/or updates about the development of the Marussia F1 Team or about upcoming events, we'll collect some details from you signing up with us, you'll be agreeing that your personal information can be used and disclosed as set out in this policy.
When you sign up, we'll ask you for your
- Email address
- Country of Residence
- Year of Birth
If you want to tell us a bit more about yourself, we'd love to hear even more and we have allowed optional fields for you to include details like:
- Full Name
- Full address
- Zip code / postcode
Sometimes, we may also need to ask you for further details to make sure you're eligible for our competitions or to get in touch with you to tell you the good news if you’re a winner.
Will we use your information for marketing?
When you sign up, we'll clearly state that we may like to get in touch with you by electronic mail about updates, news, events, offers, promotions, products or services which we think will interest you. By giving us your email address during the signing-up process, you'll be agreeing to this. However, if at any stage you change your mind and no longer wish to be contacted by us, please let us know by ticking the “unsubscribe” option which will feature at the bottom of each message that you will receive from us and we will stop contacting you.
If you're registering specifically to receive certain information from us, we'll take this as your consent to receive that information (even if you do tick the box).
How else will we use your information?
We may also use your information for the following purposes:
- To send you specific information, if you've requested it or to carry out your other specific requests
- To carry out surveys occasionally and to analyse our user base – ultimately we want to ensure that www.marussiaf1team.com provides everything that you – our fanbase – is looking for
- To check whether you are eligible for a competition and to contact you if you win
- To comply with the law
- As we feel is necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests
- And we won't keep hold of your personal information for longer than is reasonably necessary or required by law.
Will we share your information with anyone else?
- We are required to do so to comply with the law and with the directions of the courts or other authorities
- We feel it is reasonably necessary to prevent illegal activity or to protect our interests
- Other Partners’ products and services may interest you – unless of course you object to this (see above)
- It helps our trusted third party service providers to provide and improve our service to you or to carry out surveys and user analysis to understand your needs and preferences. We'd require these service providers who are processing your personal information to keep it safe and secure (e.g. make them sign up to a contract and employ reasonable technical and organisational controls to keep your personal information secure.) These trusted third parties would only be permitted to use your personal information for the purposes we specify.
- We may share some broader statistics and customer profiling information with third parties and our partners - but we'll keep it anonymous, so you won't be identifiable from that data.
We won't rent or sell our users’ details to any other organisation or individual.
How will we make sure our site is secure?
We follow strict security procedures as to how your personal information is stored and used, and who sees it, to help stop any unauthorised person getting hold of it. We take security extremely seriously but as no system is 100% secure, we can't completely guarantee the protection of your personal information, any more than any other organisation can. So we can't accept any liability for the loss, theft or misuse of the personal information which you've signed up on this site if there is a security breach.
Will we be transferring any personal information outside the EU?
Countries outside the European Union may have a lower standard of protection for personal information than that required by EU data protection laws. If we need to transfer your data to a company based outside the EU (e.g. if our hosting company is based in the US), we'll take steps to make sure your personal data is handled in line with EU law.
Are you under 16?
Protecting the online privacy of children is especially important. If you are under 16 years old, you are more than welcome to browse our site but we would ask that you do not provide us with your name, contact details or any other information about yourself that may identify you personally.
What are cookies?
We may use “cookies” to store and collect information regarding your use of our site. Cookies are small pieces of information stored by the browser on your computer's hard drive. They send information stored on them back to our web server when you access our site. These cookies do not contain any personally identifying information, but they do enable us to put in place personal settings and load your personal preferences. This makes it a better experience for you. You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Are you protected by this policy outside www.marussiaf1team.com?
Our site contains links to other websites. Obviously, we don't have any control over them and take no responsibility for any information you give them. Other sites have different privacy and security policies, which we advise you to read.
How you can access your information
You can request, at any time, access to the personal information we hold about you. You can write to us at the following address requesting access to your personal information.
Marussia F1 Team Overthorpe Road Banbury Oxfordshire OX16 4PN
You are entitled to be told by us whether we or someone else on your behalf is processing your personal information; what personal information we hold; details of the purposes for the processing of your personal information; and details of any third party with whom your personal information has been shared. (We may charge a small admin fee for providing this information). You can also request that we correct any personal information which we hold about you where it is inaccurate. In addition, you may request that we delete any details which you have provided to us – and we'll comply with that request.
Sometimes you may be asked to provide proof of identity before we show you your personal information - that's so we can prevent unauthorised access.
Talk to us
Policy Date: 15 December 2009